DB 6 TV
There are several questions to answer this week. Please make sure you answer each one for full points.
1. In your opinion, what are the top 10 most important news stories from the year 2000- today’s date. Please number them 1-10 and explain (next to each choice) why you picked it (in detail).
2. In your opinion how would 9/11 have been different if there was no television coverage?
3. What are the biggest news stories that you are currently following?
4. Which one is the most interesting or most important to you?
5. Are any of them affecting you personally?
6. What are your top 10 favorite TV shows of all time?
7. Has DVR, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and other streaming services etc… affected the way you watch TV? Please explain the impact you feel these inventions have had on you and your family.
8. What impact did TV have on your family’s life? For example, did you all gather to watch a certain show together? Do you remember watching cartoons with your siblings on Saturday mornings when you were kids? Share with us your memories. For those of you who now have families of your own how has TV impacted your family? For example, are there shows you all watch together or do you all go into different rooms to watch what you want?
Post your answers and reply to at least two classmate’s posts
Touch Up Reaction assignment
After viewing the following videos: Photoshop Effect 1 and 2, and The Try Guys Get Photoshopped (regular guys get photoshopped) write a 3 page reaction paper.
The Photoshop Effect part 1 YouTube Video
The Photoshop Effect part 2 YouTube video
Regular Guys Get Photoshopped
Address each of the following questions in your paper:
1. Describe in detail what you saw on the videos and share your opinion about what you experienced. This way I know you viewed all 3 items.
2. Share at least one thing you found interesting about each of the three videos.
3. How did the videos make you feel? What did it make you think?
4. What is the effect on you and others in our society?
5. Is it ethical?
6. Were you aware of how prevalent photoshop actually is?
7. Have you ever photoshopped a picture of yourself or someone else? Why did you do it?
Be typed, 12 point font, double spaced- MLA.
Include proper spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and sentence structure.
Include proper paragraphs (approximately 5 sentences per paragraph).
Include proper format (introduction, body, conclusion).
Include a cover page.
Include a works cited page.
Be a full 3 pages (in addition to your cover page and works cited page).
Remember to cite your sources (MLA proper citation).
Fill a full 3 pages (or automatic loss of 5 points).